top of page
Babies in Playroom
Neon Spheres

Endorsement FAQs

How do I keep my Endorsement current?

You need to renew your endorsement annually. The following is required annually:

  • Membership with WA-AIMH or another infant mental health association

  • 15 clock hours of training related to culturally-sensitive, relationship-focused practice promoting infant mental health

  • 12 clock hours of reflective supervision/consultation (RS/C) for IFS, IMHS, IMHM-Clinical. If you have questions email:

  • Pay $35 Endorsement renewal fee.

  • Renew WA-AIMH membership.

What happens to my Endorsement
if I do not renew?

In order to maintain Endorsement you must renew annually, documenting all requirements. If you are not able to meet all the requirements, you may apply for Inactive Status. Once you are able to meet the requirements you may go from Inactive back to Endorsed. If you do not renew, are unable to meet the requirements, and choose not to go Inactive, you will be removed from the registry.

How do I indicate that I have
earned Endorsement?

The IMH-E mark indicates that a person has earned Endorsement. Use of the registered trademark is important whenever possible to distinguish from other systems of “endorsement.”


Sam Miles, MSW, IMH-E®
Infant Family Specialist

I can’t find my certificate, how do I obtain a new one?

What happens to my Endorsement
if a move to a different state?

There are 33 other states with Endorsement, and more are in the process of licensing it. If you move to one of these states, you will be transferred to their Registry and will renew with them from then on.

bottom of page